I’m very surprised that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award again and want to thank the lovely blogger very much! You can check out her Chinese Whispers blog!
However, I’d been nominated for this award twice before so I’m not going to nominate another 11 bloggers. But I’m more than happy to answer the questions that come with the nomination.
So here are the rules:
- First, post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Then, answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post.
- Finally, choose 11 new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer!
Getting straight to the point here!
11 random facts about me:
1. Tomorrow I’m going to Sweden again and am praying for a good weather there.
2. I used to collect candles and now have 34 of them. Now I’m trying to use them as often as possible and don’t feel like collecting them anymore.
3. I’m a huge fighter for all kinds of rigths.
4. I’m addicted to coffee, music, and tumblr. I’m sure there are more things but these 3 came to my mind instantly.
5. I’m in love with Di Palomo beauty products.
6. I don’t like alcohol except for wine.
7. When I was 6, I wrote “a book” about a guy, who actually was my neighbour, and I used to follow him everywhere for a couple of days saying I was doing my research. Naughty child I was.
8. I always wear 2 rings. I don’t know why and when it started but now it’s an undeniable habit.
9. My secret crazy dream would be to appear in a movie as an extra at least once in my life.
10. One of my new desires is to try playing golf.
11. I prefer watching basketball over football (don’t kill me!).
My answers to the questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
It was my New Year’s resolution to start doing things I didn’t do only because I was scared (scared of failing or whatever it was). And having a blog as a hobby was one of them.
2. Where did your blog name come from?
It actually reflects the fact that I wasn’t sure what my blog was supposed to be about. I didn’t have one main topic and decided that I’d figure it out later and write about things I’m passionate in my life. And Amila is my name, just a different letter sequence. 🙂
3. What’s your favourite of my own posts?
My own favourite post would be the one about dealing with nasty people I guess. I wrote it while being in the situation where I myself needed this kind of post as an advice. It was sort of a therapeutic post for me, haha 🙂
4. How do you find new blogs to follow?
When somebody comments on my blog, I always visit theirs and usually find interesting blogs. I actually also visit bloggers that others nominate in the award posts. Twitter has also led me to some amazing bloggers I didn’t know about.
5. Would you ever stop following a blog? Why?
Just one thing might be the reason, at least for now. If I really like the blog and comment on it often and never or almost never get an answer, I think one of the times when I visit it to check for the answer might be the last time.
6. What is your opinion on commenting on blog posts?
I tend to push the like button more often then I comment but I still do comment whenever I have anything to say or just to give a compliment if I feel like I want to. So, I think it’s a great way to show that you appreciate the blogger and their posts or to share your thoughts on something.
7. Name one author whose books you will always read?
Actually the authors I’m in love with will never write anything anymore. And I don’t really have a favourite contemporary author yet.
8. If you could only recommend one book for another to read, what would it be and why?
I would recomment Toni Morrison’s “The Bluest Eye”. It’s not a funny book. Not really full of adventures or the most interesting plot either. It’s a cruel, mind-chaning book developing the theme about cultural beauty standards and its effects on girls. But it’s fiction, and a really good fiction that teaches something. It’s also easy to read, and Morrison’s writing style is interesting, so I would recommend it.
9. What is your most anticipated read of 2014?
It was the Fault in Our Stars just because I heard so so so much about it. But I’ve already read it!
10. Who is your favourite Designer?
I honestly don’t have one. I have a favourite model though, but it’s off the topic. 😀
11. How do you pick your outfits?
It absolutely depends on the occasion and the mood I’m in. I don’t have any rules for that. 🙂
Have a great night everyone!