Today I want to reveal one thing I’m quite ashamed about. When it comes to make-up, I like experimenting and usually know what works for me and what doesn’t but finding that one perfect foundation seems to be an impossible missions to me. I think the best proof of this is that now I have 7 different foundations of different brands and, of course, different shades.
However, even though I’m struggling with choosing the best shade for me, by collecting 7 different foundations I actually found some great and bad ones among them. Therefore, I thought it might be helpful to present them here with a couple of notes on every one of them.
So, here it is. My foundation collection.
1. Let’s begin with something I don’t really like. It’s SeboCalm medium shade foundation or a cream with a color. I’ve no real idea because you can see what’s written on its back. + It smells wonderful, seriously.
+ Apparently, it’s one of the BEST things my mom ever tried. I guess it depends a lot on the skin you have.
– Even with a great primer, it seems to be too difficult to smoothly apply it on my face.
– It seems to get too dark on my face, I’ve no idea why.
2. Essence Clear&Matt foundation. 06 Natural beige color. This is something I used for some time just because I liked it so much. However, it seems a little too dark for me so I used only a very small amount if it.
+ Absolutely perfect in how smoothly it’s applied on the skin. Plus, it’s oil-free and gives your face some matte look.
+ Seems very natural in a sense that even if it’s a little too dark for my skin, it never looked like a mask on a face. I guess, this is because it’s very liquid and not heavy at all.
+ Remains on the skin for a few hours.
– It’s especially liquid so I’m guessing that if you want to really mask some imperfections of your skin, like big pimples or other very visible marks, this Essence Clear&Mat might not be the best choice for you.
3. Because I liked the aforementioned Essence foundation, after some time I decided to try another one of the same brand. Essence Stay All Day long-lasting foundation. 30 Soft sand color.
+ Lighter in color and heavier in texture than the previous one. Basically, this one can mask those “imperfections” I mentioned above. However, I think it’s not too heavy and, in general, it still has a quite soft texture and is light weight. Personally, I think it’s great.
+ It says long lasting. Well, I usually use it when I know I’m out only for a few hours. However, a good primer makes any foundation last longer.
– Might give your face a little orange shade if you use too much of it. I did that mistake once. Laughed out loud while looking in the mirror. Thanks God, I never stepped out of my house like that.
Ok, so in order not to make a 10 pages long post, I end my part 1 of the review here. The other 4 foundations include L’oreal Paris, Catrice, and Maybelline FIT products. I hope you’ll visit to read about them in a few days.
P.s I want to address something obvious – the photos I post are not professional at all and I’m sorry for that. Basically, I would like to change that but I don’t have a professional camera yet. I hope you enjoy them anyway and see what you need to see in them.